It’s Tasteful Tuesday here on the blog and I’m sharing one of my new favorite recipes. Thai Chili is a yummy recipe I discovered in my January edition of Clean Eating. It’s so good that my family was asking for it within a couple of weeks from the first time I prepared it. If you try it and like it, let me know. I’m including the recipe below the photograph.
– 1 1/2 tsp red curry paste
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
– 1/2 cup uncooked bulgur
– 1/2 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed (2 cups)
– 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (2 cups)
– 3 cups cooked kidney beans, drained
– 1/2 cup light coconut milk
– 2 cups jarred or boxed tomato puree/passata
– 2 scallions, chopped
– fresh ground black pepper, to taste
In a 4-qt pot, add curry paste, cumin, and a bit of broth. Mash mixture and stir until paste is no longer in lumps. Add remaining broth, bulgur, potato, and bell pepper. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover tightly, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 10 minutes.
Add beans, coconut milk, and tomato puree to pot and stir. Cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes, until bulgur is tender and chili is thick. Stir in scallions and black pepper and serve.
Nutrients per 2 1/2-cup serving: Calories: 341, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 6 g, Carbs: 68 g, Fiber: 17 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 17 g, Sodium: 412 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg